You know those “what’s in my purse” videos (that I love watching because I’m nosey)? Well, if I was to do a what’s in my purse post, my purse would be 75% full of lip products. But, no matter what purse I change to, there are 5 lip products that I pack religiously, because heaven forbid I get caught without them. And so, I present to you, my five holy grail lip products:
1. Nivea chapstick – #Basic. You always have to have a chapstick, and I have a thing for Nivea. The version of Nivea chapstick in my purse at the moment may change (for instance, now I’m using the kiss of recovery version because it’s winter and my lips get chapped, ya’ll), but it will always be Nivea. I also love their milk and honey chapstick in the yellow tube, and the kiss of moisture chapstick in the blue tube.
2. Baby Lips lip balm in Cherry Me – now these aren’t the most moisturizing thing in the world, but I love the sheer wash of color that the cherry flavor gives you. It’s perfect for minimal makeup days, or if you just need a little something to slap on that will look nice. I’d recommend layering over chapstick if you want actual moisture from it.
3. Dior Addict Lip Glow in Coral – these things are interesting. They claim to react to your individual PH/heat level to form a different color on everyone. At first I thought it was a bit gimmicky, but who cares if that’s how they work or not, they look amazing and are super moisturizing. It’s unfortunate that these only come in two pretty colors, a coral and a pink which I love equally, but that’s probably good for my wallet considering this is Dior we’re talking about.
4. Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in Nudist – Are you over the whole chubby stick trend yet? I was too until I found these babies. They come in six different colors and while you can only find three of them in the US at Sephora, that didn’t stop me from sniffing down all the other colors on Amazon. Wanna know how much I love these? I wore Nudist on my wedding day. They are perfect – long lasting, glossy color that smells like a cupcake.
5. Tanya Burr Lip Gloss in Aurora – have you tried these things? If you haven’t, run, don’t walk. Unfortunately they’re a bit harder to get a hold of in the US as Tanya Burr is a UK beauty guru, but you can find them at FeelUnique. Somehow every single color has managed to find it’s way into my shopping cart, and I do not find it at all excessive because these are the best lip glosses known to man kind. They’re not sticky, they’re moisturizing, they come in beautiful, pigmented colors, they stay on forever, and bonus Jonas, they smell like fruit rollups. Aurora is a perfect pretty pink color that works for absolutely everything, and it has cemented a place in my life – aka, I have four of them stashed in various places so I’m never without it. Work it, Tanya Burr!